Dear Skin Wellness Patients and Friends-
First of all, we wanted to say thank you to everyone that has helped us navigate our new normal during the COVID-19 crisis. We are proud to say that we’ve mastered the world of telemedicine these last few weeks but we at Skin Wellness Dermatology are looking forward to seeing our patients in person! We are currently seeing patients in office with the following new safety and health guidelines in place.
IMPORTANT! Please contact the office to reschedule your appointment if:
- You are experiencing flu-like symptoms, cough, fever, shortness of breath, and/or muscle aches. Or if you have been exposed to someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 virus.
- You have traveled outside of the state or country and returned to Alabama within the last 14 days.
To keep everyone safe, we will be continuing to uphold social distancing guidelines as well as enact new health and safety standards so that we can see our patients as quickly and as efficiently as possible. Here are a few of the things that you can expect at Skin Wellness Dermatology over the next few weeks.
- Prior to your appointment, you will receive a text message that will include a questionnaire about you current health status and updated medical history. Please complete as soon as possible after receiving.
- We will screen all employees and patients daily for fever and for other signs of respiratory infection (sneezing, sore throat, shortness of breath, loss of sense of taste or smell). If any of these signs are present, the individual will not be admitted into the clinic.
- Our waiting room will remain closed. Your car will be your waiting room. When you arrive, text us at 850.920.3412. You will receive a call or text back when a room is ready.
- We will wear masks and gloves and wash our hands constantly. In accordance to the ordinance passed by the City of Birmingham and to uphold health guidelines, you will be required to wear a mask to your appointment or you will not be allowed to be seen. The ordinance defines a mask as “A device to cover the nose and mouth of a person to impede the spread of saliva or other fluids during speaking, coughing, sneezing or other intentional or involuntary action.” It doesn’t require the masks be medical-grade, just that they cover the wearer’s nose and mouth.Unfortunately, with the shortage of masks and other personal protective equipment, we are not able to supply masks for patients. Please plan accordingly when you come for your visit.
- We will keep our facility clean. We are already very good at this but this will become one of our primary goals. You can know that your exam room has been cleaned thoroughly before you arrive.
- We will minimize your contact with people by eliminating check-in and streamlining check-out. We also ask that you come to your clinic visit alone unless you are a minor or you need assistance.
Our online store is still open for your skincare needs. We will continue to ship all available products as well as provide local, no contact pickup at our Homewood location everyday during regular office hours. Please wait until you’ve gotten confirmation that your order is ready for pickup before heading to the office. Text 850.920.3412 when you pull-in and we will bring your order out to you.
We’ve done our best to be available to our patients in this uncertain time. We appreciate you growing with us and thank you for your patience while we determined the best way to serve your dermatology needs while keeping everybody home and as healthy as possible.
We’re going to come back from this better than ever and we will make sure to celebrate your dedication to Skin Wellness Dermatology with some amazing events and promotions when we are all back together again.