Dear Skin Wellness Patients and Friends-
First of all, we wanted to say thank you to everyone that has helped us navigate our new normal during the COVID-19 crisis. We are currently seeing patients in office with the following new safety and health guidelines in place.
Since the pandemic started, we have moved into our new Homewood location. We are still in Homewood and located only a few minutes from our previous residence. The new address is:
- 3415 Independence Drive Suite 200, Homewood AL, 35209
IMPORTANT! Please contact the office to reschedule your appointment if:
- You are experiencing flu-like symptoms, cough, fever, shortness of breath, and/or muscle aches. Or if you have been exposed to someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 virus.
- You have traveled outside of the state or country and returned to Alabama within the last 14 days.
To keep everyone safe, we will be continuing to uphold social distancing guidelines as well as enact new health and safety standards so that we can see our patients as quickly and as efficiently as possible. Here are a few of the things that you can expect at Skin Wellness Dermatology over the next few weeks.
- We have opened our waiting room back up, however, we do have limited seating and require patients to uphold all Social Distance Guidelines.
- If seating is not available and/or you would like to continue to wait in your vehicle until your appointment, we ask that you text 850.920.3412 letting us know you have arrived. You will receive a call or text back when a room is ready.
- We are only allowing patients to have 1 person accompany them during their appointment.
- We will wear masks and gloves and wash our hands constantly. You will be required to wear a mask to your appointment or you will not be allowed to be seen. The ordinance defines a mask as “A device to cover the nose and mouth of a person to impede the spread of saliva or other fluids during speaking, coughing, sneezing or other intentional or involuntary action.” It doesn’t require the masks be medical-grade, just that they cover the wearer’s nose and mouth. Unfortunately, with the shortage of masks and other personal protective equipment, we are not able to supply masks for patients. Please plan accordingly when you come for your visit. We will continue to monitor and follow state mask mandates.
- We will keep our facility clean. We are already very good at this but this will become one of our primary goals. You can know that your exam room has been cleaned thoroughly before you arrive.
Our online store is still open for your skincare needs. We do offer local pick-up with minimal contact. Make sure you mark ‘local pick-up’ when you are checking out with the product.
Again, we thank you for your understanding and patience as we continue to gradually enter back into our new normalcy.