Did you know most visible signs of aging can be attributed to facial volume loss? You may notice wrinkles and sagging as your skin loses collagen and elastin. Fortunately, Juvéderm is a convenient way to restore volume, reverse these changes, and ensure you’re always looking your best.
Benefits of Juvéderm
Juvéderm soft tissue filler is a popular non-surgical treatment for patients who want to restore volume to their face and improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Benefits of Juvéderm injectable filler treatment include:
- Immediate, long-lasting results
- Minimal downtime
- Add volume to cheeks and lips
- Smooth out nasolabial folds, smile lines, smokers’ lines, marionette lines, and more
What is Juvéderm Made Of?
Juvéderm is a hyaluronic acid (HA) filler. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally-occurring substance that is found in sugar molecules throughout the body, including in the eyes, joints, and connective tissues. In addition, Juvéderm gel contains lidocaine to reduce sensitivity to pain at the injection site.
How Do Hyaluronic Acid Fillers Work?
Hyaluronic acid attracts and retains water, which hydrates the skin and makes it appear more youthful. Once injected, HA gel fillers like Juvéderm work by adding volume to the skin to smooth out wrinkles and fine lines.
Types of Juvéderm Soft Tissue Fillers We Offer
Juvéderm has a collection of FDA-approved injectable dermal fillers. There are different variations of Juvéderm , each with their own unique benefits and targeted treatment areas. Let’s take a closer look!
JUVÉDERM® XC/JUVÉDERM VOLLURE™ XC
First approved by the FDA in 2006, JUVÉDERM® XC corrects moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as the parentheses lines around the nose and mouth. JUVÉDERM® XC is injected into areas of facial tissue where moderate to severe wrinkles and folds occur to temporarily add volume to the skin, which may give the appearance of a smoother surface.
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC
Instantly plump your cheeks for a more youthful profile! Best for age-related midface volume loss, JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC is designed to add volume beneath the skin’s surface to lift and contour the cheek area.
JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC
Best for subtle natural-looking lip augmentation and correction of perioral lines, also known as “lipstick lines.” JUVÉDERM VOLBELLA® XC is a crystal-clear gel that is injected directly into and around the lips using an ultra-fine needle to temporarily plump the lips and smooth the appearance of lines around the mouth.
JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC
JUVÉDERM® Ultra XC injectable gel adds fullness to the lips. In addition, it is also approved for smoothing and correcting moderate to severe parentheses lines/nasolabial folds.
What to Expect with Juvéderm Injectable Gel Treatment
Juvéderm is a popular dermal filler used to add volume to areas of the face such as the cheeks and lips. Juvéderm fillers also boost collagen, making them perfect for face contouring while also being an excellent anti-aging treatment. If you’re interested in exploring this customizable treatment option with the Skin Wellness cosmetic dermatology team, here’s what to expect:
- Consultation: Before your Juvéderm treatment, you will have a consultation with a qualified provider to discuss your aesthetic goals, medical history, and any concerns you may have.
- Treatment: The provider will inject the Juvéderm gel filler into the targeted areas using a fine needle. The procedure typically takes 15 to 30 minutes.
- Post-treatment care: Downtime is minimal, but potential side effects include temporary redness, swelling, and bruising at the injection site. Your provider will give you instructions on how to care for your skin post-treatment.
- Follow-up appointment: Your provider may schedule a follow-up appointment to check on your results and make any necessary adjustments.
How Long Does Juvéderm Last?
Once we inject dermal fillers, you’ll enjoy immediate results! How long they last depends on your skin concerns, the treatment area, and how fast your body metabolizes the fillers. Typically, Juvéderm treatments last between one and two years. Deeper injections tend to be longer-lasting and less painful. In areas with a lot of movement (for example, the lips) the motion of your muscles breaks down the fillers quicker. Maintaining a healthy diet, hydrating, avoiding UV exposure, and keeping up with a good skincare routine will help your fillers last as long as possible. In general, we recommend annual touch-up treatments for patients with fillers.
Is Juvéderm Reversible?
Yes, Juvéderm fillers can be dissolved if you are not satisfied with your results. It is possible to reverse Juvéderm with injections of hyaluronidase, an enzyme that breaks down hyaluronic acid.
Juvéderm vs. Botox — What’s the Difference?
While Botox and other injectable fillers can also be used to reduce wrinkles and fine lines, they work differently than Juvéderm. Here are some of the main differences between these popular facial injection procedures:
- Juvéderm is a dermal filler. Botox, on the other hand, is actually a neurotransmitter blocker.
- Juvéderm works best on the mid face and lower face by adding volume and treating fine lines and folds around the nose and lips, while Botox works best on forehead lines and crow’s feet by temporarily paralyzing the muscles underneath.
- Juvéderm is great for static wrinkles (wrinkles that form with age as the skin begins to lose its elasticity), while Botox is more suitable for dynamic wrinkles (wrinkles caused by repeated movement and use of facial muscles.)
- Juvéderm results are instant and long-lasting. Botox results take several days to appear and may only last a few months.
- Other fillers, such as Radiesse and Sculptra, are made of different materials and may have different longevity. Other facial injection procedures, such as fat grafting, use the patient’s own fat to add volume to the skin.
Both Juvéderm and Botox are FDA-approved for reducing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and folds on the face. They can even be combined to address dynamic and static wrinkles. Overall, making the choice between Juvéderm, Botox, and other injectables and fillers depends on the individual patient’s needs and goals.
Ask About Juvéderm Today!
Skin Wellness Dermatology boasts the largest variety of dermatology treatments in the Birmingham area. Whether you’re interested in a chemical peel or laser hair removal, our highly-trained board-certified dermatologists deliver stunning results. You can even book multiple treatments at once!
From our convenient locations in Homewood and Greystone, we offer a variety of hyaluronic acid dermal fillers including Juvéderm. Our skin injection procedures are safe and effective, and we use only the latest technology to provide you with the best possible results in addressing age-related volume loss. Each option is administered by our experienced and skilled team of providers who are dedicated to providing you with the highest quality of care.